The Youth of the European People’s Party (YEPP) is currently looking for an Administrative and Events Assistant to strengthen the team.
The Administrative and Events Assistant will be supporting the organization on tasks related to administration, events organization and communication. He/She will work in cooperation with, and under the supervision of our President, the Secretary-General as well as the Executive Officer.
This is a full-time, paid position under the Belgian law. The position provides an excellent platform to gain hands-on experience working in the largest European political youth organization.
- Managing the bookkeeping of the organization;
- Providing assistance with fundraising: drafting reports and applications;
- Maintaining YEPP contacts database, website, and calendar;
- Supporting communications tasks in social media, website, and events;
- Other ad hoc outreach, research, and administrative tasks.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating conferences and events in cooperation with political youth organizations in other Europeans countries;
- Providing assistance with fundraising: collecting necessary documents and data;
- Managing the event’s logistics on the spot;
- Follow up of events: financial follow up as well as further reporting on the outcomes of the event.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s degree in European studies, Communication studies, Political Science, International Relations or Administration is an asset;
- Experience in political youth organizations or work experience at any European EU institution is a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written command of English at C1 proficiency level is a must, knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- The ability to listen to, understand and communicate detailed and complex subjects;
- Knowledge of MS-office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Chrome) and knowledge of Mac applications (Pages, Keynote);
- Up to speed with online communication tools and social media;
- Experience in design software advantageous (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Fast-learner, self-starter comfortable to work in a fast-paced international environment;
- Appreciation of the vital role of administrative tasks;
- Administrative and organizational skills and an eye for details;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Readiness to travel Europe-wide frequently.
For applications to be considered, the candidates must send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of the YEPP Executive Officer, Jasmin Schweizer, by the 20/03/2022 at noon, and indicate ´Admin/ Events Assistant´ in the Subject line of the email:
One-page motivation letter
1-2 page CV
A sample of your written work
Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.